150 Years of Ministry
Our church was organized on February 25, 1871 in what was then known as Johnson Station, Texas. Our nation was climbing out of the morass of an un-civil Civil War and much uncertainty was on the horizon. Texas was still a frontier area where only the hardy could survive. A small group of settlers decided they wanted a Baptist church to be located in the lower timbers area of North Texas. So, 17 people joined with the first pastor of our church, Elder John Burnett, to launch the first Baptist church in this area.