We will have two options for Pre-Camp Parent Meetings as we prepare for Encounter Week 2019. Both meetings will provide the same information to help you to know how to prepare for camp, how to pray for your student and for camp, and will allow opportunities for you encourage your student during camp.
• Sunday, May 19 at 5:00PM
Student Center, Room 100
• Wednesday, May 22, at 6:30PM
Student Center, Room 150
We also want to invite our parents to join us for a Post-Camp Parent Meeting on Friday morning, June 14, at 11:00AM, an hour prior to students arriving at the church. In this meeting we will share with you what went on at Youth Camp, show you some video highlights of the week, share some ideas of how you can help your student to process after camp, and give you the opportunity to make some posters and banners to help welcome our students home from camp.
Post-Camp Parent Meeting
• Friday, June 14 at 11:00AM
Wade Building, Suite 120
Each Encounter Week sponsor MUST attend one of these meetings. These meetings will be on:
• May 19, 6:30-7:30PM in Student Center, Room 100
• May 26, 12:45-2:00PM in Student Center, Room 100 (BYOL… Bring Your Own Lunch!)
• June 2, 8:00-9:15AM in Student Center, Room 100
If you are unable to attend one of these meetings, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can find a time to meet face-to-face and go over the information and training that you will need.
Each adult sponsor attending Encounter Week needs to complete Riverbend Retreat Center’s Child Abuse Prevention Training Curriculum, then complete and pass an exam every other year prior to their participation in youth camp.
We will be offering C.A.P. Training on the following dates:
• May 5 – CAP Training (following Youth Ministry Leader Lunch) 1:30PM in Student Center, Room 100
• May 19 – Sponsor Meeting & CAP Training, 6:30-7:30PM in Student Center, Room 100
• May 26 – Sponsor Meeting & CAP Training, 12:45-2:00PM in Student Center, Room 100 (BYOL… Bring Your Own Lunch!)
• June 2 – Sponsor Meeting & CAP Training, 8:00-9:15AM in Student Center, Room 100