Minister to Preschool
Statement of Mission:
Enhance the quality of the Child Development Center (CDC) as a ministry of the church.
Specific Duties Include:
- Determine policies and procedures for operating and administering the program.
- Assist the CDC director in developing a workable budget.
- Ensure that the CDC’s program and facilities comply with legal and licensing requirements.
- Coordinate the work of the CDC with other church activities involving young children.
- Review reports and records to ensure proper operation of the program.
- Support and encourage the CDC staff by prayer, notes, and thank you gifts throughout the year.
- Report regularly to the church about the work of the CDC.
Members of this committee are preferred to have child development experience, financial experience, human resources experience, or non-profit management experience.
While it is important to have parents of children served by the CDC on the committee, no more than two parents should normally serve on this committee at one time.
This committee shall consist of nine members serving three-year rotating terms.
The Finance Committee Vice Chair or designee will serve on the Child Development Center Committee as a non-voting member.
Background checks required for committee members. The committee usually meets in the afternoon of the first or second Sunday of the month
Approved by the Church on Apr 4, 2018
Adopted by Advisory Council on April 18, 2018
Revised by Advisory Council on 02/11/2019
Approved by the Church on 03/21/2019