Statement of Mission:
Assure best employment practices are in place and followed; review compensation data and recommend market salaries and benefits; oversee and review results of annual performance evaluation process.
Specific Duties Include:
- Serve as the human resource oversight body in conjunction with staff designees
- Serve as an advocacy group for the church staff.
- Study staff needs and recommend to the church staff related revisions as needs develop.
- Keep personnel policies current by approving changes in policies as necessary; update Personnel Manual as needed.
- Fill staff positions in accordance with church policy.
- Plan receptions for incoming and outgoing personnel, observe anniversary events, etc., as deemed advisable.
- Work out salary adjustments during the year, as needed, and recommend salaries and benefits to Finance Committee for coming year in ample time for budget presentation.
- Study needs for convention and professional development expense (to be used by staff) and recommend the amount needed for budget.
- Work in an advisory capacity with Pastor or any staff member designated by him in understanding personnel needs of the church.
- Give assistance to supervisors in working out staff problems. The response should be in keeping with the best interests of the church and reflecting concern for the health, welfare, and potential effectiveness for ministry of the staff member and his/her family.
- Review salary surveys periodically to assure adequate compensation for staff.
- Review and approve job descriptions for all personnel.
- Assist in the discipline, reprimand, or termination of staff as necessary.
This committee shall consist of 12 members serving three-year rotating terms.
The Chair serves on the Advisory Council. The Chair or his/her designee serves on the Finance Committee.
Approved by the Church on 04/04/2018
Reviewed by Advisory Council on 04/18/2018