Associate Pastor of Operational Resources and/or his or her designee
Statement of Mission:
Provide sound, competent legal advice to the church staff and any church organization needing legal assistance; review documents and contracts within the legal specialties of the members, as needed.
Specific Duties Include:
- Maintain an awareness of statutes, case law, and pending legislation that have particular significance for the functioning of the church as a non-profit entity.
- Monitor any church action that might jeopardize its tax-exempt status.
- Recommend actions that would lend appropriate support to legislative processes designed to preserve historic religious freedoms.
- Provide legal counsel and/or recommending such additional counsel as may be needed.
- Serve as a liaison between such legal counsel and the church.
- Review contracts and legal documents as required.
- Review the property and liability insurance coverage as needed.
This committee shall consist of three Attorneys serving three-year rotating terms.
This committee will meet on an as needed basis.
Approved by the Church on 04/04/2018
Reviewed by Advisory Council on 04/18/2018