Associate Pastor for Spiritual Formation
Director of Cross Cultural Ministries
Statement of Mission:
Provide guidance and oversight of the mission and ministry efforts of the Cross-Cultural Ministries, in conjunction with the Associate Pastor of Spiritual Formation, and shape and implement the global and local cross-cultural engagement efforts of FBCA.
Specific Duties Include:
- Assess and develop FBCA’s cross-cultural engagement strategy to maximize Kingdom-focused investments.
- Oversee the financial allocations for cross-cultural engagement including Cross Cultural Worker (CCW) grants, project requests, core region support, strategic non-members and volunteer mission trips.
- Screen potential CCW candidates for sending, and determine suitability for either long-term (more than 5 years), mid-term (2 – 5 years), or short-term (less than 2 years) engagements.
- Ensure proper training for all CCW candidates prior to sending.
- Ensure alignment of CCW and candidate budgets and strategies with FBCA’s adopted strategy.
- Review and approve periodic assessments of CCWs.
- Manage allotted budgeting to assure sustainable support for all CCWs and to ensure missional focus, ministry effectiveness, and long-term financial feasibility.
- Develop and implement strategic local opportunities for cross-cultural engagement.
- Provide quarterly updates to the church.
This council shall consist of 13-17 church members. The council shall recommend members with needed expertise to fill open council positions to the Committee on Committees. Members shall be elected to five-year rotating terms, not to exceed two successive terms.
The Chair will serve on the Advisory Council.
Approved by the Church on 04/04/2018
Reviewed by Advisory Council on 04/18/2018