Associate Pastor of Operational Resources and/or his or her designee
Statement of Mission:
Assure best practices in church financial management, assist in preparation of annual budget, administer church-approved budget, and review monthly financial reports.
Specific Duties Include:
- In cooperation with the Advisory Council, establish goals regarding major spending categories to guide the budget preparation process in alignment with the strategic priorities of the church;
- Assist in developing the proposed annual church budget in cooperation with the staff and Advisory Council;
- Present the proposed annual budget to the Deacon Council and the church for approval;
- Examine monthly financial reports, analyze cost trends and variances to budget, and recommend implementation of budget controls as needed;
- Present the monthly financial reports to the Deacon Council and quarterly financial reports to the church;
- Review the results of the annual audit;
- In cooperation with the Stewardship Committee, monitor financial contributions and analyze trends in giving to the church budget, capital campaign, designated funds and affiliated ministries;
- Review and monitor compliance with the church’s policies related to financial receipts and expenses, cash deposits and investments, purchasing and accounting procedures, and other financial matters. Propose policy and procedure changes as needed to ensure that strong controls are maintained in the church’s financial management.
- Work out salary adjustments during the year with the Personnel Committee as needed.
This committee shall consist of 12 members in addition to the following ex-officio members: the immediate past Chair of the Finance Committee, Chair of the Facilities Committee, Chair of Deacons or their designee, Chair of Personnel or their designee. Members serve three-year rotating terms.
The Chair shall serve on the Advisory Council. The Vice Chair or designee shall serve on the Child Development Center Committee as a non-voting member, The Senior Pastor and Associate Pastors also work with the Finance Committee as necessary.
Approved by the Church on Apr 4, 2018
Adopted by Advisory Council on April 18, 2018
Revised by Advisory Council on 03/12/2019
Approved by the Church on 03/21/2019
The Chair of Stewardship was removed as a member of this committee by the Advisory Council on 3/9/2021.