Director of Operations
Associate Pastor of Operational Resources
Statement of Mission:
Steward all church facilities and equipment by planning and providing oversight of cleaning, maintenance, aesthetic beauty, usefulness, and adequacy, in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
Specific Duties Include:
- Inspect the buildings, grounds, furniture and equipment owned by the church to see that they are kept clean, neat, attractive, and in good repair. This includes all mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems involved in the operation of the physical plant.
- Review a physical inventory and evaluation of all furniture and equipment in a form adequate to support an insurance claim in the event of a disaster.
- Work with staff to ensure that repairs are made at a reasonable price, keeping in mind quality workmanship and materials.
- Work with the Associate Pastor of Operational Resources in adding new furniture, fixtures and office equipment to the inventory.
- Review and/or develop policies related to the off-site use of furniture, fixtures and equipment and recommending policy changes.
- Monitor guarantees on roofs and building equipment and report to Finance Committee any damage from which we can collect insurance.
- Recommend labor-saving devices to be purchased that will increase efficiency and save money.
- Maintain and recommend policies and policy changes related to use of church buildings and properties.
- Review annual budget preparation related to church facilities.
This committee shall consist of 9 members serving three-year rotating terms.
The Chair will serve on the Finance Committee. The Chair will serve on the Advisory Council.
Approved by the Church on Apr 4, 2018
Adopted by Advisory Council on April 18, 2018
Revised by Advisory Council on 02/11/2019
Approved by the Church on 03/21/2019