Associate Pastor of Spiritual Formation
Executive Minister of Counseling and Enrichment
Statement of Mission:
Seek nominations for and prayerfully determine and recommend the best-qualified church members to standing committees and councils for election by the church; recommend chairs and vice chairs of committees and councils; prioritize the best interests of the church in all decisions.
Specific Duties Include:
- Solicit recommendations from staff, church members, committees, and councils for best-qualified church members to serve.
- Properly vet all persons recommended and nominated according to committee guidelines.
- Determine the most appropriate persons to serve on each committee or council based on the overall needs and best interests of the church, giving preference to council recommendations whenever possible.
- Recommend members for all open positions on standing committees and councils, and their chairs and vice chairs, for a church vote.
- In coordination with the Advisory Council, review and revise committee duties as needed.
This committee shall consist of nine or more church members representing various ministry areas, nominated by the Advisory Council, to be approved by the church. The Chair and Vice-Chair will also be nominated by the Advisory Council and approved by the church. Members serve three-year rotating terms.
This committee will serve from September 1 through August 31, and meets weekly from January through March.
Approved by the Church on 04/04/2018
Reviewed by Advisory Council on 04/18/2018