The Boomer & Traditional Ministries of First Baptist Church Arlington, Texas are going to have their own March MADness!!! Our own version, however, will have a little different twist…instead of being all about basketball, our version will be about service! The “MAD” in MADness stands for “Make-A-Difference”, and that’s what we’ll be about during March. Start now lining up those things you (personally) or your Sunday School department will be doing during the month of March, then each Sunday morning, during Bible Study share >>> how you’ve made a difference that week.
Start by making your own list. Here are some ideas:
- Contact members in your Sunday School group that you haven’t seen in a while. Make a special effort to reach out to visitors and prospects.
- Pick a couple FBCA ministry teams who might need a helping hand for a few weeks.
- Contact Nanette Johnson at(email@example.com) and volunteer to serve as additional help in the Preschool Ministry.
- Make some phone calls to Homebound members you know who might need some things done around their home.
- Make encouraging phone calls, send emails/text messages, or write notes of encouragement to people in your neighborhood who you know could use that touch.
- Call Mission Arlington (817) 277-6620 and find out how you can help with all the volunteer groups coming in during Spring Break…or, what you could do as follow up after the groups are gone.
- Adopt a school by contacting a principal/teacher to see what needs you could pray for.
- Make a difference with your own family – make time during the week to gather, eat, and share some stories.
BOTTOM LINE…use your imagination for this, and come up with ways you and your department can “Make A Difference” during “March MADness”!