This Summer, our youth choir and youth mission team will be heading to the border to participate in cross-cultural ministry in Brownsville, TX, and WE NEED YOUR HELP. Here are several ways you can support these efforts:
- On March 1, we will have a Dessert Hour from 2-4 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. This is a talent show of sorts. You will hear incredible music, be able to participate in and bid on a silent auction, and be amazed at the giftedness and maturity of our young people. Here’s how you can help with this event:
- a. Purchase Tickets — Beginning this Sunday, February 16, in the Welcome Center, we will have tickets available at $10 per person ($30 family max).
- b. Donate desserts for this fundraiser — simply email Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know what you can bring/donate. We prefer pies or cheesecakes, as they are easiest to divide and distribute to guests.
- c. Donate silent auction goods. We will have a silent auction that will help negate the cost of the trip for our youth. We accept gift cards, gift baskets, goods, tickets to sports or musical events, etc. No gift is too small.
- Let your Bible studies know about this event, and encourage them to purchase tickets. Or, invite neighbors or friends who aren’t yet acquainted with the church. This is a very disarming and inviting way to bring people into the church. Last year, we had a young man attend who was disillusioned with church. After attending and seeing what our young people were doing and their commitment to the Lord, he renewed his commitment to Jesus, and has been serving in his church ever since. You never know how inviting that one person might forever change their life!
- If you have yard work, babysitting, etc that you need done, please call our Music Office at 817.277.6353. Ask for Cheryl. Let her know what kind of work you need done and how much you’d be willing to pay. She will send a message out to our youth, and we will get your job covered for that donation toward their trip. Our youth want to work to help offset the cost of their trip. And you will be blessed by their time and work ethic.
- Pray. Please please please pray for us as we coordinate, implement and set forth on this journey to Brownsville. So much work is yet to be done, and we covet your prayers.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call the church office or email Emily Klophaus at Emily.email@example.com or Christi Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, thank you in advance for supporting our youth ministry and our Chi Alpha youth choir! We couldn’t do it without YOU!