Staff Liaison: Associate Pastor of Administration
Administer church-approved budget, review monthly financial reports and assist in preparation of annual budget.
Specific Duties Include:
- Conduct monthly meetings to examine financial reports and recommend implementation of budget controls as needed.
- Present the monthly financial reports to the Deacon Council and to the church at its quarterly conference.
- Review the results of the annual audit.
- Review policies related to financial receipts and deposits, purchasing, accounting, etc.
- Recommend policy changes as needed and ensure that policies are implemented.
- Develop the annual church budget jointly with the Stewardship Committee.
- Review the property and liability insurance coverage as needed with the Staff Liaison.
- In addition to members elected by the church, the committee shall include the current Chair of the Deacon Council plus the Chairs of the Facilities Committee and Personnel Committee, who will each serve one-year terms.
- The immediate past Chair of the Finance Committee will serve for one year as an ex-officio member.
- The Chair of the Finance committee will be the immediate past Chair of the Stewardship Committee and will serve in this capacity for one year.
- The Vice Chair of the Finance committee will be the current Chair of the Stewardship Committee and will serve in this capacity for one year.
- The Vice Chair of the Stewardship Committee will be a member of the Finance Committee and will serve in this capacity for one year.
Meets the third Sunday of the month at 12:30pm.
Chair and Vice Chair serve on the Advisory Council.