Staff Liaison: Associate Pastor of Administration or Director of Operations
Principal Function: Plan the care and upkeep of church facilities and equipment.
Specific Duties Include:
- Inspect the buildings, grounds, furniture and equipment owned by the church to see that they are kept clean, neat, attractive, and in good repair. This includes all mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems involved in the operation of the physical plant.
- Conduct a physical inventory and evaluation of all furniture and equipment in a form adequate to support an insurance claim in the event of a disaster.
- Work with staff to ensure that repairs are made at a reasonable price, keeping in mind quality workmanship and materials.
- Work with the Staff Liaison in adding new furniture, fixtures and office equipment to the inventory.
- Maintain policies related to the off-site use of furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Monitor guarantees on roofs and building equipment; report to Finance Committee any damage from which we can collect insurance.
- Recommend labor-saving devices to be purchased that will increase efficiency and save money.
- Review policies concerning use of buildings and grounds by our organizations or other groups for activities not related to our church program, such as weddings.
- Recommend policies and policy changes.
- Review annual budget preparation related to church facilities.
Meets monthly on Wednesday evenings.
Chair serves on the Finance Committee.
Chair and Vice Chair serve on the Advisory Council.