Staff Liaison: Pastor
Principal Function: Recommend qualified individuals to serve as Deacons in our church.
Specific Duties Include:
- Review the list of inactive Deacons in order to recommend those who will rotate back on the Deacon Council for a three-year term.
- Solicit nominations from the church for potential new Deacons.
- Meet with nominees individually to discuss Deacon responsibilities, ordination process and field questions.
- Recommend to the church those nominated individuals who are qualified for ordination and election to the Deacon Council.
- Submit recommendations for Deacon Emeritus to the Deacon body.
Membership: Committee members are elected by a secret ballot vote of the church. The Committee on Committees will submit a slate of six candidates for this committee at a called church business meeting. Each church member present at the business meeting will be allowed to vote for up to three candidates. The three candidates that receive the most votes will serve on this committee for the following two years.
Additional Information: Meets in the Fall through December.
Chair and Vice Chair shall be Deacons (active or inactive) of FBCA.